There are some things that everyone should be told prior to having children: (this is from the mother of 2 eighteen month olds, you veteran parents out there probably have a much different list!!)
1. Your children will hurt you, physically: ie. scratch, bite, step on your bare feet while wearing shoes, climb on you, attempt to throw themselves out of your arms causing extreme but brief lower back pain, pull your hair, pinch your lips, nose, cheeks etc.
2. As a parent you will second guess almost every decision you will make no matter how many parenting books you read: let them cry, don't let them cry, let them climb on the couch or not, force them to stay in their high chairs even though they want to just sit on your lap, leave them with a babysitter or just bring them along...
3. That you need a pack mule just to get out the door with all the "stuff"!
4. By the time they are 8 months old your days of making dinner without holding a baby are over until....?
5. Some days will be fun, some will be hard, everyday will be an adventure and you will be amazed by how much you can love them.
Today I left the girls with a babysitter for the first time since we moved to Charlottesville. I was gone for about 2 hours. I was convinced they would be ok, but expected at least one of them would be screaming by the time I got home....luckily they were fine! Happy as can be! Great!
So for whatever reason, both girls seem to be having a very hard time going to sleep tonight. Usually they are out at about 7:00, it is now 9:30 and they have been crying on and off since they went down. We even let them get up for about 20 minutes, eat apples, and still we are not sure they are asleep. Where is that how to guide?